Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Shoe Rack

My hallway situation has changed from this:

to this:


What a relief.  It has been a problem area for years!

The shoe rack is from Ikea. (I love Ikea!)
So why post it here? Well, our foot board (I think that is what you call it) is quite high, so I had to give the shoe rack some feet. I got the feet from Home Depot and painted them.

Silver crackle paint + black highlights

It turned out pretty well, I think. 
I painted them this color because the handles were silverish black. A bit darker than the feet.

Now the problem (there is always a problem in my mind ;) is that the mirror above it is black with gold highlights. I am tempted to change the handles to match the mirror and then repaint the feet. But gosh, do I really want to? 

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment