Thursday, October 21, 2010

Halloween craft with young kids

Ah, I love October. I love the color of the pumpkins and all the festivities associated with fall. I wish I could enjoy the changing of the leaves, too. But maybe there'll be some colors left when we visit NYC at the end of the month.

This year my kids wanted to decorate for Halloween. In the past I have saved all of my "holiday crafts" energy for Thanksgiving and Christmas. But I guess my kids are getting bigger and noticing all the fun decorations around the neighborhoods and shops. So they have requested that we, too, do something about Halloween (other than dressing up for it).

I bought some decorations from Party City and Target, including the pumpkin lights that you have seen in my earlier post. For a Halloween craft we decided to make a fun banner. I cut out shapes and let the kids stick Halloween foam stickers (purchased from Target) on them. Then we strung them and hung them in the living room.

And oila!





That easy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment