Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Stitching

For our road trip to San Diego, I planned to art journal a bit. I packed up my journal and little artbox - filled with copic pens, sharpies, gel pens, pencils, pigment ink pens, a washi tape roll, rub ons and a few other goodies. I was excited and was hoping that hubby would drive most of the daylight hours, before I would took a turn driving.

Then just before I headed for the door, I grabbed my stitching. Something I started a few months ago, when I was inspired by a few works by Pam Garrison and Aneela Hoey. I stopped because I got distracted with ecourses, painting and art-journalling. 

And guess what, I did a bit of the stitching and just couldn't stop. I didn't even get to art journal one bit. Hubby was so kind and drove all the way to South California and back to let me stitch in peace. It was awesome. I finished my little piece that I wanted to do ...


and even started a new one ...


If you are wondering what in the world I am going to do with them, you are posing a very good question. I have no idea. Initially I was going to frame them for Christmas presents. I suppose I could still do that. While working on them this time around though, I thought they would look gorgeous as book covers for art journals or mini scrapbooks. I don't know, we'll see. 

My work in the first one is also not the best, my knots went all crooked ... so I'm not sure I could gift them just like that.

Ah well, this is always my problem. I get so inspired by technique, but then I'm not sure what to do with it all :)

1 comment:

  1. I so want to do this! Your pieces are turning our lovely!

    ReplyDelete